New features in Version 2.18 of CalculiX (check the documentation!)
- Improved the FEM Characteristic Based Split method (CBS) for CFD
(compressible and incompressible, laminar and turbulent, cf. *CFD)
- Removed the Finite Volume Procedure for CFD: focus is on the
Finite Element Procedure (CBS-method)
- Coded shallow water equations (cf. *CFD)
- Implemented a simple crack propagation procedure (*CRACK
- Improved the tetrahedral remeshing procedure (*REFINE MESH); notice
that this procedure can also be used to smooth an existing mesh by using a
large value for LIMIT, cf. example segmentsmooth.inp;
- Improved the electromagnetics procedure (*ELECTROMAGNETICS)
- Improved the implementation of the U1 element (Timoshenko beam)
- Included a true 3-node shell user element (US3)
- Accelerated the code for the use of huge amounts of set names (needed
if e.g. each element consists of a different material).
- Updated the documentation for the crack propagation procedure
- Thermal strains can be stored in the .frd-file (THE)
- Stress at the top, in the middle and at the bottom of true shell
elements (SNEG,SMID and SPOS).
- Datasets exported with 'send' in abaqus(ccx) format use now the exponential
- Changed or extended commands:
- asgn User Header Records in the frd file can be added or manipulated.
- asgn The automatic presentation of the 2D plots generated by 'graph'
can be switched of or on and the next running number
of the files written with 'graph' can be defined.
- cmap 'jet' implemented. Thanks to Rafal Brzegowy.
- dist Additional angle and radial distances are listed when two sets
with just one point or node are provided.
- graph The running number used in the name of the written file is stored
in the value !graph_Nr (the leading '!' prevents the
value from beeing written by the send or save command). See
'asgn' on how to manipulate this nr.
- max, maxc, maxr, min, minc, minr
Logarithmic scale (log10) implemented for positive values.
- send The export of 'duns' and 'isaac' meshes supports now periodic
BCs. This is necessary for the simulation of airfoil cascades.
- split A line can be splitted by a given point.
- test Checks if at least one node included in set1 is inside the
elements included in set2. The command returns TRUE or FALSE
- valu A user message can be added to a user input request
('?' "user message").
- New commands:
- cont Continues reading of a stopped command file (see 'stop').
- qmov Translatoric move of a set of entities (nodes, points).
- stop Stops the execution of commands written in a file and returns
to the interactive mode until 'cont' is issued. The user may
modify the command file after the stop command.
- typs The commands 'mats', 'grps' and now 'typs' use the element
attributes assigned in the ccx result file ( the 'frd' file) to
generate certain element sets.
Back to previous page