New features in Version 2.12 of CalculiX (check the documentation!)
- Specific gas network elements (such as GAS PIPE FANNO) can be used in a
purely thermal calculation (parameter THERMAL NETWORK on the *STEP card);
in combination with the user subroutine film.f the heat transfer
coefficient is determined by use of the Glielinski equation (cf. example
- Improved the convergence of gas networks.
- Updated the calculation of sensitivities (cf. *SENSITIVITY)
- Coded *GREEN function calculations (response to unit forces at certain
locations of the structure)
- accelerated the reading of the global model in *SUBMODEL calculations.
- Implemented the BEAM nonlinear MPC.
- Coded *COUPLING followed by *KINEMATIC.
- Coded *COUPLING followed by *DISTRIBUTING.
- The GASPIPE network element was removed. Instead, the GASPIPE FANNO
element should be used.
- Coded the SPRING1 and SPRING2 element.
- Coded the MASS element.
- For shells a local coordinate system is automatically established by
projecting the global or local (if defined by the user) x-axis on the shell
- Coded 6-node composite elements.
- Updated the theoretical description of gas network elements.
- Added the orientation in the dat-file for the quantities
stored in local coordinates.
- Coded *SECTION PRINT for the output of heat flux, section forces,
section moments and section areas.
- Included the relative stress error (heuristic relations) in the output
of the error estimator ERR
- Much faster unstructured shell element mesher. CAD-model meshing is much
improved in combination with some improvements of the 'qmsh' command and a
new stand alone step and iges interface. This stand alone tool uses the
- The pnt commands written into the fbd file use now more digits
for a higher accuracy.
- Changed or extended commands:
- elty: Reduced- and full-integrated forms of various quad shell element
types can be selected now (ie. 'qu8r'|'qu8er'|'qu8sr'|'qu8cr').
- gtol: New parameter 'gtol auto' to recalculate the geometric
tolerance. This was done before by just typing 'gtol'. Now
'gtol' w/o parameters just prints the actual geometric tolerance.
- nurs: Apart from surfaces using four edges now also surfaces using 2
or more edges can be converted to nurbs based surfaces. The
nurbs will follow the initial blended contour. Such surfaces
are needed for unstructured meshes.
- prnt: Informations about the model with 'info' (nr of entities etc.).
- prnt: Actual stack size with 'stack size'.
- prnt: Enquire the alias name of an entity by placing a '?' before the
- qmsh: Changing a line division causes an automatic re-mesh at this
- qmsh: A change of the surface mesh density can be triggered by a
'h' and 't' key-stroke which causes an automatic re-mesh of the
- read: The parameters are written to the stack.
- shpe: A torus is now available.
- swep: Rotational sweeped lines create nurbs related surfaces if
requested (option 'n').
- valu: Strings can be splitted at the occurences of a defined
- New commands:
- eprop: Calculates the element edge length and volume. Usefull for cfd
and explicid dynamic mesh improvements.
- seqc: Converts an LCMB into a spline. keeps the sum of divisions but
sets the bias to 1.
- mshp: Sets the mesh parameters for individual surfaces and bodies.
Back to previous page